If you need assistance, please contact Victim’s Advocate Joanna Bailey. Office – 843-726-7530 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION OF VICTIM ADVOCATES
The victim advocates respond to the needs of crime victims in an empowering and proactive manner, striving to inform victims of their rights under the law in order to facilitate informed participation in the criminal justice system.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE VICTIM ADVOCATE
1. Assistance completing Victim Impact Statements and crime victim compensation (CVC) applications and appeals if a victim CVC claim is denied.
2. Act as a liaison between the victim and prosecuting attorney.
3. Accompaniment at victim interviews, sentencing hearing and trials.
4. Assist victims with return or property.
5. Trial preparation.
6. Safety planning.
7. Notify victims of hearing dates and changes to those dates.
8. Explain the court process.
9. Familiarize victims and witnesses with courtrooms prior to trials and hearings.
10. Provide a safe location for victims to wait prior to testifying or attending hearings.
11. Provide information about available protection from threats or harm.
12. Assist victims with completing restitution paperwork upon request.
13. Inform Victims or their rights.
14. Refer victims to necessary resources.
15. Notify victims of the final outcome of felony cases.
16. Contact employers to explain or verify a victim’s involvement in a case at the victim’s request.
Contact: Citizen’s Opposed To Domestic Assault (CODA)
Crisis Hotline: 1-800-868-2632
National Sites: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV), Family Violence Prevention Fund, National Coalition for Domestic Abuse Awareness, Office on Violence Against Woman, Family Services
Contact: Jasper County Department of Social Services (DSS), United Way of The Low Country
Free Tax Services: email@example.com
CHILD VICTIM SERVICES
Contact: Hope Haven – Rape Crisis, 1-800-637-7273, Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA)
• Missing Center for Missing and Exploited Children
• National Associate of Counsel for Children
• American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC)
• Child Abuse Prevention Network
• Sex Assault – National Sites
• Coalition of Forensic Sexual Assault Examiners (SANE)
• Security on Campus, Inc.
• Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)